Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Anisha's First Post

Hi everyone! My name is Anisha and I am a sophomore majoring in biology. As with many of us, people close to me have been diagnosed with cancer, including relatives and a close friend. I'm especially interested in going more in-depth on the various methods of treatment/management and how they work. Cancer is an interesting topic to study due to how broad and widespread the disease is, as well as the mystery of how much is still unknown. I think it’s important area for research since it is growing increasingly common across the world, and I am looking forward to learning more through this class!




The chart above, published by the California Healthcare Foundation, shows that overall in California, both the incidence and mortality of cancer increase with age.